I am very excited to announce the release of my brand new book, MLT Any Music Teacher Can Du...De. This book breaks down Gordon’s Music Learning Theory into simple, easy to understand language and manageable chunks. No Ph.D. required!
This long-awaited Teacher’s Guide to The Literate Musician: How to Hear, Think, Speak, Read and Write the Language of Music has arrived, and is divided into 3 parts:
- Part I: The Theory of Music Learning Theory
- Part II: The Practical Applications of Music Learning Theory
- Part III: Curriculum Development (a Sample 10 unit MLT Curriculum)
This useful tool for any music teacher K-100 contains the following highlights:
- Pattern Taxonomies in Duple, Triple, Major and Minor
- Musicianship Ideas
- Ideas for making Learning Sequence Activities practical
- Many charts for sequencing objectives
- Maintaining and establishing an Audiation Foundation
- Dozens of songs in many tonalities and meters with teaching ideas
- Many ideas for how to incorporate Bucket Drums and ukulele!
- Can Do” Objectives at each skill level
- Connect your songs and instrumental activities to the musicianship objectives in LSAs
- Fun games with parachutes, scarves, bean bags and puppets
In addition, the book contains a 257 page Digital Appendix with links to YouTube video lessons (!), reproducibles, truncated student lessons, Keyboard Cheat Sheet, Tonality Cheat Sheet, Rhythm Cheat Sheet, writing sheets, and all Reading Benchmarks from the student edition.